Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MY TEACHING PHILOSOPHY

My objective as a teacher is to motivate my students toward a level of independence where they develop a desire to learn and think for themselves. I love to teach and help my students learn. I believe in their infinite potential to learn and grow as individuals. My students are my top priority. I try to convey this to them in my methods of teaching and the time I dedicate to teaching. I see teaching as involving a give-and-take relationship between teachers and students. I believe that it is my responsibility as a teacher to provide students with a conducive environment to learn, to facilitate them to seek knowledge that will help them to success in achieving their goals. The teacher needs to be very patient; to be tough at times; to present a diversity of materials, techniques, and input, and, above all, to have a sense of humor. Boredom is the cruel enemy of learning. I look forward to seeing myself not only being a competent teacher, but also an effective learner who appreciates learning from working with students time after time in my teaching career.

No comments:

Post a Comment